Does Solar consume of protect farmland?
Let’s consider the ways Solar Farms protect farmlands. (read more by clicking on any item)
- Maintian original topography.
- Solar protects farmland
- Sod under solar panels protects topsoil
- Solar can live in harmony with other agricultual uses
- Solar reduces polution from Corn and Soybeans
- Solar farms can blend into neigborhood
- Solar helps reduce carbon diaoxide levels
With the loss of Tobacco and Dairy income, the economics of the remaining rural enterprises are forcing more and more landowners to sell house lots either along road frontage or by subdividing their land. This shows current rural land uses do not protect farmland but deliver the exact opposite of “minimize urban-type development into rural areas”. Utility-Scale Solar provides an economic basis to stop this urban-type development into rural areas.